C

Friday, July 5th, 2024 5:58 AM

Coaxial cable outside house melting hot

So at the beginning of June 2024, we noticed our Internet connection kept dropping, coming back and dropping again. We called to get a tech out and he found that the coaxial cable running from outside pole had melted literally where it connects to my home. He cut that piece out and replaced it. Told us it was an electrical current that was running through it. But that it should be fine. Internet ran smooth up until July 1st. It literally just disconnected. So some how they sent a tech July 4th and when he went to see the connection he literally got electric shock on this coaxial cable. He took out ohm

meter and saw the ground wire was running hot. He disconnected everything and told he 

Was going to go check pole where the coaxial was running from. Later be came back and by his own words, the coaxial cable was melted on pole. He said he fixed it but that I might need to put a ground rod on ground that coaxial connection to

It. I ran to Home Depot got one along with ground wire and connected the coaxial Xfinity to it. Internet Ran fine for an hour after he left. The. It happened. While watching Tv, we hear a pop on the surge box we have our entertainment system connected too. It started smoking, so I disconnected everything on it

immediately as smoke starting coming out. Then everything from our fans to our AC, our dishwasher and even the lights in bathrooms started flickering. I had to call

eléctrician out and hopefully he fixes this. I have read blogs left and right about this and many having the Same issue with the Xfinity coaxial burn out. This is so dangerous and as a home owner with small

kids it’s upsetting that this issue is being swept under the rug by Xfinity. I hope someone from your company reaches out to me. As now this caused a bigger issue and expense I was not ready for.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @CL707 thanks for sharing this experience. Our team can take a closer look at the situation and help. When you a have a moment please send over a direct message, so we can assist you in greater detail. You can use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." It's next to the bell icon on the right side of the page. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here