Drop3557's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 30th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Cisco AnyConnect VPN Stopped working after I got XFI, I connect fine on my hotspot

I can no longer connect to my Xfinity Router and use my Cisco AnyConnect for work. Sometimes it allows me to connect as soon as I reset the router but after that I can't connect again. I can connect fine with my verizon hotspot. Please Help

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

5 years ago

Are you using the Xfi advanced security ? If so, disable it and see;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just started experiencing the exact same issue this week. I think the xFi stuff was pushed out over the weekend, since that's when I first noticed it, and I wasn't having any issues with my VPN last week working from home.

However starting yesterday, my Cisco AnyConnect VPN would disconnect randomly every 1-2hrs. Once it did, I couldn't reconnect. Restarting the PC did nothing, and at that point I couldn't even ping the VPN server, not even from another PC on my network, so something (xFi) presumably was blocking it from the time it would get disconnected. Only thing that would fix it was restarting the modem, then immediately connecting until it happened again.

Nothing actually shows up in the logs for the modem/xFi, but so far disabling xFi seems to have resolved it. 4 hours straight today without issue. So yes, +1 to EG, for now it seems to have resolved it.

Would be nice if eventually Comcast can resolve this though, as I did seem to like some of the other features of xFi.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks EG for the suggestion. Ever since I got XFi advanced security enabled, I was not able to connect to my work network. I wasn't able to find anything in the log. I have alternate network than xfinity and I was able to login to anyconnect with that network. Poor execution by xfinity on this part. Not sure how many other services are affected by xfi advanced security. Anyways, I have disabled it for now. 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

4 years ago

Quite welcome ! Dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here