U

Thursday, June 6th, 2024 11:29 PM

Closed

Can't setup storm ready wifi with replacement gateway

I'm having issues with stormready wifi setup.  I initially has no issues with setting it up and it was working perfectly.    A little over a week ago my gateway died and I had to replace it with a new gateway.   I removed the stormready wifi via the Xfinity app and it  was successfully removed.   Now trying to activate it with the new gateway will get to step 5/6 connecting to your stormready device.  Then I get a sorry this isn't working error.   Have tried multiple times with the same result.  Have unplugged and replugged the stormready with minutes between unplugging and replugging.   Have tried the reset button on the rear of the stormready.   Have restarted gateway.  Have deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity app on my phone.   Can't seem to get it to successfully activate and pair to the new gateway.   It is in the same location as it was previously both the gateway and stormready.   Please help.

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

4 months ago

@user_ss3s5m Hope it connected successfully. If not, reset the modem to factory settings, and try to pair the unit to the modem with the default settings. If that doesn't help, hold down the reset button on the Storm Ready device for over 30 seconds, to help clear out any memory it doesn't need from the prior network. 

4 Messages

I have tried both of these and neither worked.   Still cannot connect.  Tried again with the most recent app update.   Also didn't work.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for trying both of those @user_ss3s5m. If you are still having issues with that storm ready device send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

3 months ago

Were you ever given a solution? I am facing the same problem 

4 Messages

@user_9f249j​ working through it now.  Will let you know what happens.  I didn't get any notification of the message from Xfinity above so didn't see that until I checked your message.  

2 Messages

Thank you for the update. Just so you know Xfinity was able to solve the issue for me. My old gateway was still associated with my account and my storm ready wifi. They had to remove the association of the old gateway on my account and I just had to reset the storm ready and go through the activation wizard one more time. Hope this helps. 

4 Messages

Same worked for me.  Thank you

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

@user_ss3s5m @XfinityBenny @XfinityJohnG 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here