wp213's profile

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

Sunday, May 7th, 2023 6:54 PM

Closed

Can't get Xfinity to help me with my T3 Time-out problem. Happens all the time

I have two cable modems. One is a ARRIS and a NetGear.  I bought the ARRIS cause Xfinity said my modem was probably bad. Either one of them will drop out and reboot all the time.  Xfinity said I have to call the cable modem manufacturer and they won't help.  I know it's something on their line doing this.   Started happening after a high wind storm we have a few weeks ago.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity sent me a TOP NOTCH technician out to look at my T3 dropout problem.   The problem was the R6 cable running from the box to my Cable Modem.   The Tech and I pulled a new cable through under my house and this fixed the problem.  I've only had one Modem error since reboot.  My speed has increased by 100 Mbps.   If you need help with problems, don't bother calling the helpline.  I never got anywhere with them.  These folks on this Forum are the best to deal with with problems you are having.

Thanks EG and Support!!

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 year ago

@wp213 

Your post is still private. You need to also redact all of the CM MAC and the CMTS MAC addresses from your error log entries as well. 

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

@EG​ Will I have to repost after removing the MAC address?  I edit the post but it still says Private?

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 year ago

The signal status values at that snapshot in time were OK but the error log entries indicate that something is going on. Perhaps there is noise ingress into the line(s) /  an upstream channel / return path impairment somewhere.

There are other signal stat values that can't be read by the modem. They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) who are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System) to check for any real-time degradation and / or error reports, see your node / cable plant, and modem health, and see whether or not everything is in the green zone. They can also see a history plot for the modem and poll the CMTS for those upstream receive signal stats.

You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

@EG​ You are a JEWEL .  Thank you so much.  

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

Awwww shucks. 😊 My pleasure !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

Doesn't look like Comcast is interested in my on-going problem :(    Last night I was trying to stream a movie on Peacock and finally gave up.   Paying 87.00 a month and getting nothing from Comcast.   Strange that a lot of our problems started after I canceled Comcast cable TV?

Thanks again EG for trying to help me out :)

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@wp213 I would like to take a closer look at your network. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

@EG​ I'll tell ya EG,  Xfinity support really stinks.  I was scheduled today from 10:00 am to 12:00 for a service tech to come to my home.  Never showed up.  According to the support team I cancelled my appointment.  WHY would I do that?   Today is my wife's birthday so instead of doing something we waited for the tech to show up because she is just as mad about our internet as I am.   Well, I'm scheduled again for next Friday, Yeah next Friday! for a service tech. 

T-Mobxx is looking better every day.   Still want to say thanks for your help with my problem.  You were the only way I could get any response.  Calling customer support is next to impossible. 

(edited)

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 year ago

It's my pleasure ! Sorry to hear what happened...... Please post back with how things turn out after next Friday's tech visit. Happy birthday to your wife !

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

1 year ago

If you ever need us please do not hesitate to create a new post. I hope you have a wonderful weekend

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityTimothyA @wp213 

Please share what the solution for the issue was here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 year ago

@wp213 

Thanks for circling back with that update. Glad that it got squared away !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here