S

Saturday, May 18th, 2024 4:41 PM

Can’t get v2 xfi pods working well

All directions are that your line should be in the center of your house with the pods in a star pattern. In my split-level brick ranch Comcast installed my line in the far end of the house furthest away from anywhere I really need internet. 

I had an old google mesh network with 4 pods throughout the house that was great, but it began to degrade as it aged. The reviews of the new google mesh seemed horrible so I thought I’d try the v2 pods. 

The instructions for the v2 pods are to place them in the lower plug of an outlet that is not near furniture especially anything metal. Who has a house like that? If they are supposed to be away from things, why not created a pod with a cord so I could mount it on the wall away from those disturbances? 

My office is the absolute furthest spot in the house, from where Comcast installed their line. 1960’s brick isn’t WiFi friendly. I cannot figure out how to get this working without installing outlets at the top of walls. Help. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

sst028 Thank you for reaching out to us. We recommend plugging both xFi Pods into the nearest power outlets closest to the modem so that they can fully activate first. Once they are up and running, you'll want to place each pod at the most 'centrally located' location in the home. You may be able to have the modem relocated as well but there more than likely would be a technician fee if you wanted to do that.

2 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​ thanks. I’ll try the near the modem activation. Is there a way to factory reset so I get a clean start?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

sst028 Great question! Removing the pods from your account should allow you to start the process over. From the Xfinity app, navigate to WiFi, select View WiFi equipment, select the Pod that you'd like to remove, select Device Details then Remove Pod. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here