user_zu8g2k's profile

Thursday, August 8th, 2024 3:26 AM

Can't connect to Xfinity on one device but it connects fine to my old service

I set up Xfinity on several TVs computers, phones, and laptop in my home but canNOT connect to my Apple desktop so I have had to continue to use Century Link and I don't want to keep paying for both. The technician who originally set up the modem couldn't figure it out. Today another technician was here and switched out the modems to deal with the internet dropping connection frequently. He ALSO tried. The WIFI gets to the computer but there is an error message saying that it won't connect. I am stumped about what to do.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 month ago

Hello user_zu8g2k, that is pretty odd for your desktop to have issues connecting while other devices can. Is this only happening over Wi-Fi? If so, are you able to test a hardwired connection? 

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ Hi. No. My question was not answered.

And I thought I posted publicly.

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ It seems to be that the Wi-Fi is getting to this computer (according to the app on my phone) but the internet won't open. I have tried more than one browser. The technician who was at my house tried to connect with a hardwire but this desktop doesn't have the port.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_zu8g2k, you did post publlicly, thank you for doing so. Let's take a closer look to see if we can find a resolution remotely. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@user_zu8g2k @XfinityMarcos 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here