Tristan367's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, February 13th, 2021 5:00 PM

Closed

Can't connect to Admin Tool with 10.0.0.1

I have already tried a factory reset on my router and I still cannot connect to 10.0.0.1

The other IP address you guys use, I think for businesses, also did not work.

The connection just times out... Please help, thank you.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

O/k that's why that address and my online and app suggestion won't work. That is a customer owned / retail purchased device. Those will only work with a device that is rented from Comcast.

This is the access address;

http://192.168.0.1 

admin is the username and password is the password.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

I believe that they want you to use the online website and / or the Xfi phone app for that type of access now.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

What is the exact make and model number of it ?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

It says right here that's only for people with Xfi routers, I do not have Xfi, just normal wifi, therefore, I cannot use the app even if I wanted to. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I think it's called the Arris Surfboard SBG6950AC2

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Oh ok, I've already tried that and the link works, but when I forward a port to a computer in my house, online port forwarding testers say the port is closed. I have tried disabling all firewalls on both the router and the computer itself, and nothing. I even made a rule on that computer to let inbound stuff come in through the specified port. So I have tried just about everything and I have no idea why it isn't working. Thanks. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Oh I didn't realize that I needed to have the server program running in order to properly test the port! If no server program is running that is listening on that port, it won't work, even if the computer is on.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

That's correct. Something must actually be actively listening on a port.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here