MitchR1's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 23rd, 2023 10:25 PM

Closed

Can't Access my Netgear CM1000v2 Modem at 192.168.100.1

I can no longer access my Netgear modem at http://192.168.100.1 since Comcast made a repair this morning to the outdoor cable box that services my and several other homes and installed a new cable to my house.  Prior to this, I could.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

2 years ago

Have you first tried power cycling / restarting it ? No joy ? Try hard resetting it to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. This can sometimes clear up some weird behavior issues.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@EG​ Thanks EG. I tried power cycling.  It didn’t work.  Working with a Netgear tech, I was able to connect to the modem UI by directly connecting laptop to the modem via Ethernet cable. So tech believes that I can’t connect to the modem UI through my Wi-Fi router likely due to some change Xfinity pushed through to my router, or some other change, after they repaired our outside cable box yesterday. I checked my router settings, but couldn’t see anything that my indicate that access to this IP address is blocked (but I’m clearly no expert).  Any thoughts.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here