calberry's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 22nd, 2021 4:00 PM

Closed

Canon Printer not detected on new xFi Gateway router

I hve been a Comcast customer for several years, and just got upgraded to a new Gateway xFi modem/router (we have triple play with TV, internet and phone).  Everything has been working great (love the new higher internet speed and "built-in security") but now my printer cannot be detected on the network.  It was working fine on the old network, but not on the new one. 

I have an old router that I used as a 'booster' before this upgrade, so I connected it to the back of the new Gateway, and when my laptop and printer are both connected to that network the printer works fine.   It is an OK fix, but it would be nice to not have to have two networks going at once.

Any ideas as to what might be preventing my printer from being detected on the Gateway network?

Thx, Steve 

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

4 years ago

The new Xb7 gateway, if that's one you have, combines the 2.4 and 5g WiFi bands, my canon printer will only connect to the 2.4 WiFi band, so you split the bands and give them different ssids, it should work then

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks.  And I think I agree with you as far as keep doing it as I am now.  It works, and I don't print all that much anyway 😉

Steve

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here