U

Friday, July 12th, 2024 9:49 PM

Cannot port forward, even with my own router

I recently purchased my own router because the XFi Gateway's port forwarding wasn't working and I had a gift card. After checking all of my settings four times and still not having the ability to forward ports, I have to conclude this is not a problem on my end anymore. Is there something I need to ask the ISP to handle in order to enable non-standard network traffic for my network? I just want to play older multiplayer games.

I have set my gateway to bridge mode, and I have an internet connection, so it can't be blocking non-standard traffic anymore. Right?

EDIT: It appears that the tools I was using were lying to me. Despite the various port checker websites saying these ports were closed, they aren't. A friend can connect to my Factorio server just fine. Weird.

Accepted Solution

7 Messages

3 months ago

It turns out that the tools I was using were lying to me. Port forwarding was working with my router as I expected.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Oh wow, that is really intriguing user_gsk5pd. I don't believe I've had anyone report this yet. That said, I thank you for giving us more updates. Is everything going well so far?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

Hi user_gsk5pd,

Thank you for reaching out and creating a new post. I see you've tried to set up port forwarding using only the gateway and now with your own router. However, both attempts were not successful. To confirm, did you cross-check your ports with the Blocked Internet Port list to ensure it isn't something we currently have blocked? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here