SterlingSilver1's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 21, 2020 6:00 PM

Cannot connect to friend's internet network

I am trying to connect to my friend's gaming server (correctly port forwarded) and 2 other friends can connect to said server except me. He is also able to connect to my server but only with a hot spot and not with his main internet. All other IPs work besides his IP in this game.

When I try pinging his IP it fails and pings the default gateway while stating "Reply from 10.0.0.1: Destination port unreachable." However, when he pings my IP, he gets a response.

I have tried turning off Windows Firewall, Internet Firewall, and Advanced Security. He does not have any firewalls or advanced security on currently.

Any help is appreciated!

Responses

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Hi there,

Did you ever get this sorted out?  Wondering if I may have something similar.  If I set up a game server for multiplayer, I can join, but no one else can.  Like you, I forwarded ports, put exceptions in firewall, etc.  The server will start up in some cases, others I just get an error.  Specifically it's sim racing for me.

I can do a virtual machine and run a AWS server, but darn it, I have gig speed and should be able to do this.

Davo

New to the Community?

Start Here