BBQFunk's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 26th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Can you assign a device to the closest Pod instead of the Gateway?

Is there a way to assign devices to what should be the closest network point, whether it's the Gateway or a Pod?

My wife's work laptop is connected to the Gateway and keeps losing connection during work meetings. So I physically moved one of the least used Pods down near her laptop, but it does not seem to ever automatically connect via the closer Pod now and still just stays with the Gateway somehow. I thought it would update on it's own. And I cant see a way to manually assign a device to a certain Pod or Gateway.

Is that a possible thing? Or what are my other options?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have this exact question. Have you gotten a response? My wife is working out of the basement and we have a pond in the basement but she is just connecting to the regular gateway and having trouble with service

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Guessing from the silence that there is no answer, but have the same inquiry.  If its not a function today, it should be top of the list for next generation as its a capability that many users would employ.  I have similar issues, and hear this as a main challenge from many Xfi users.  Most that I have spoken with simply have eliminated PODs altogether as they seem to create more of an issue than they solve with the inability to assign a device to a specific pod vs gateway.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had this exact same issue. My laptop wouldn't connect to the nearby pod. I never fully shut my laptop down, so I tried doing that and when I turned it back on it connected to the pod. Hope this helps!

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

3 years ago

@user_bc6d9a 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks.  9 month old dead now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here