bocceballer's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, January 9th, 2021 1:00 PM

Closed

Can I use the orbi mesh network and still use the xfi security?

Currently, I am using my gateway in bridge mode so that I can use Orbi for wifi.  The xfinity gateway (latest one) is incapable of providing wide coverage and the plug-in wall extenders do not work well.  I used to run both orbi and xfinity but orbi kept getting knocked off.  Is there a way to run the orbi and still benefit from xfi and security?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

But is there a way to run the Orbi mesh with the gateway not in Bridge mode? I understand that I get no benefit from xfi or any type of security when it is on bridge mode due to comcast cutting Norton.  But I was told to put it on bridge mode some time ago by an xfinity tech over the phone.  Now that I have to turn off bridge mode, can I still use the Orbi?  Has a solution been created so the orbi is more stable when the gateway is on?  It used to work great.  But, then it started causing the orbi to drop multiple times per day.  Thanks.  I just want secure service throughout my house.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Xfi won’t work in bridge mode

From
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-faqs

(Please note that Advanced Security will not be available if your Gateway is in bridge mode or if you have a Cisco DPC3939 model.)
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here