K

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 8th, 2022 2:08 AM

Closed

Can I use my own modem for the unlimited data plan?

Hello everyone!

I signed a 2 year contract unlimited data plan (DL speed 400 mbps). Just curious, do I NEED to use their modem to take advantage of the unlimited data or can I continue with my current modem (Arris Surfboard S33)?

Thank you, 

Kev

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

Do you need xFi Complete for unlimited, or can you get unlimited on it's own?

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Hey! Great question @andyross. You can add the Unlimited Data Plan for $30.00 per month without xFi Complete, using your own gateway. The cost is $25.00 per month with a rented xFi Gateway ($14.00 included) and the Unlimited Data Plan. You can find out more here, outlining the plans, and what is involved. 👍

Edit provided. Thank you @BruceW for the correction.

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

... do I NEED to use their modem to take advantage of the unlimited data ...

You can, you just have to pay more for it than you would pay to rent Comcast gear.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/exp-unlimited-data says:

... there are two ways you can get unlimited data from Xfinity. ...

Option 1: You can purchase the Unlimited Data Option. ...  [$30/mo]

Option 2: Customers who lease an xFi Gateway can add xFi Complete, which includes unlimited internet data. ...  [$20/mo]

Prices from https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/xfi-complete.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityBrandon wrote: "... Unlimited ... $14.00 per month with an xFi Gateway. ..."

This is incorrect. Gateway rental alone is $14.00 (or $15?) per month, but if a customer wants Unlimited they have to sign up for xFi Complete, which is $20.00 (or $25?) per month. See https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/xfi-complete:

Add xFi Complete

Includes the xFi Gateway when you add xFi Complete to any eligible internet plan for an additional $20/mo.
    Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

2 years ago

@kevbodia  Hello there! Yes, you absolutely can use your own approved device. You can add the Unlimited Data Plan for $30.00 per month without xFi Complete, using your own gateway. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here