rip44's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, February 8th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Button on top of xfi Advanced Gateway XB6

Is the button on top ot the XB6 Gateway box supposed to be a WPS button?  Should it work?  No mention of this button in the instructions.  Doesn't seem to work on my unit.

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

4 years ago

Yes. It’s a WPS button.

Is there any need to use it? It is a security risk so I would avoid using it if you can.

Does it do anything if you press it. If it blinks red a few times, means it was disabled.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply.  It doesn't do anything when it is pressed.  I have tried pressing and holding it for several seconds thinking it may need 3-5 seconds to activate, but no luck.  I was finally able to get my printer connected by logging into the router (10.0.0.1) and adding the device with the WPS option there.  It appears the light on top of the XB6 should turn blue when it sending a signal.   I upgraded my internet service yesterday and I am trying to get all of my devices to connect.  I can't get my weather station to connect to the internet, so I may be taking this new router back.  My older xfinity router connected without any issues.  Pretty frustrating.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

The Lacrosse weatherstation has an app that is used to connect the Lacrosse console to the internet.  You connect your phone to the 2.4 ghz wifi band and then try to connect the weather station through the app since the Lcrosse can only use 2.4 ghz.  The Lacrosse console has a button you push to begin the search for an internet connection which appears to be working okay (blue light flashing).  The app identifies the name of the 2.4 ghz band and I have entered the correct password, but it fails to connect.  I have been trying to troubleshoot through information on the Lacrosse support website, but no luck yet.  It appears there are connection issues with various routers, but no mention of issues with the Xfinity XB6 unit.

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

4 years ago

How is this weather station being connected?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the information.  I have tried giving the 2.4 ghz band a separate name to make sure the Lacrosse unit was trying to connect to the correct band, but no luck.  I believe my next step will be to try to contact someone at Lacrosse's support group to see if they have any ideas.  Thanks.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here.  Searched through all the user guides, etc.  Adding an informational diagram of what the function of the button does would be helpful.  How did this get missed?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here