Charkbites's profile

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 11:30 AM

Built-in xfinity router reduces speed by over 90 percent

I'm paying for 500 Mbps internet.

Modem speed tests regularly report at 118 percent of plan.

I have continually complained of poor wifi signal to my patio TV with repeated buffering issues, going on for over a year now.

I was updated from the black box to the white one. No joy.

The TV is in direct line of sight to the box 15 feet away, with only a glass door between.

Then I was given a POD, placed 6 feet from TV, inside glass door. 

Now it's Worse! 

I'm not just in a buffering hell, now I'm just flat-out kicked off Apps every time it buffers, or just plain denied entry after 30 seconds of trying to open.  

This affects not just my Roku Smart TV on the patio, but also my Roku Express in the living room directly below the Gateway 6 feet above and 9 feet from the POD, and the Roku in my bedroom.  

The living room Roku speed test is always less than 50 Mbps, yet the Gateway is just shy of 600 Mbps. That's over a 90 percent drop in speed.  

My patio TV rarely achieves 35 Mbps.  

Even in the middle of the night this occurs. It's now 7am EST and I'm just now finishing an hour long show I started trying to watch at 4:30am. I was kicked out of the app 8 times in one hour!

The best chance I have to watch streaming TV requires me to disconnect everything else from the network.  

I chose this plan because it said it was for 8-11 networked items, yet it can't even provide reliable wifi for a single TV.  

I recently bought a camera doorbell and camera flood light due to recently having a car vandalized, but haven't even tried to install them yet since a single TV seems to be so troublesome.  

Did I get a defective unit? Or is this SOP for Xfinity?

Official Employee

• 

389 Messages

3 days ago

That sounds really frustrating @Charkbites we would be happy to assist. 

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

3 days ago

@Charkbites @XfinityJoe 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

3 days ago

*WHINING*ALERT*WARNING*
MY RACE DAY WITH XFINITY INTERNET. 
I Began watching the F1 race on DVR inside on a TV with a cable box.
About 10:15am, I moved outside to my patio TV and using WiFi, entered Xfinity Stream app.
10:15am the screen froze, then kicked me off the app
10:37 ditto
11:38 ditto

11:42 tried to enter Peacock app for the IMSA race, denied entry.
12:30p kicked off app
12:39 rebooted TV and switched back to Xfinity stream app due to glitching in sound on Peacock
1:25 kicked off
2:00 tried to reenter Peacock for rest of IMSA race, denied entry on first attempt.
3:00-6:22 went inside due to storm
6:32p kicked off Xfinity stream app while watching Cup race on DVR 
6:35 denied reentry
6:47 kicked off. Denied reentry
7:08 ditto. Took 3 attempts to reenter
7:47 kicked off. Reentered for 30 secs. 2nd attempt got as far as channel logo, kicked off.
7:50 kicked off. Disconnected phone and living room Roku from Wi-Fi 
8:02  kicked off. Denied reentry 3 times. Rebooted TV. Denied twice more. Deleted Xfinity app and reinstalled. 8:12 finally back on.
8:27 kicked off 
8:34 kicked off.  Denied entry 3 times. Rebooted TV. 8:42 back on.
8:47 kicked off 
9:24 race over. Too aggravated to even try Indy race, went inside.

New day and already kicked out 3 times in 45 mins.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here