U

Wednesday, August 14th, 2024 10:48 PM

buffering

TVs have started buffering since some upgrade in the area?? network analyzer shows the two bands( 2.5 and 5ghz) used by the Xfinity modem are on the same channels as most other networks  in the area . Xfinity doesn't allow you to change the Channels bands used, so we show 90% interference!! Obviously the modem's Automatic mode for changing the channel numbers doesn't work so we are left unable to fix the buffering

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

1 month ago

Good afternoon, user_f32262! I apologize that your TV service is working like that! We want things to be perfect all of the time and will get to the bottom of this! I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs.

Can you please let me know what troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

Are you streaming on a Smart TV or do you have a TV box? 

2 Messages

Yes strea.ing in a smart roku tv but we see it on std tvs with roku units. I understand you are upgrading the local area but so far we still are ha b ing buffering. We did upgrade the modem\ router when our speed was updated.  Done all the normal stuff like resetting the modem. My network analysis program shows multiple local

networks I the same 5 gh channel (44)

It shows 90% interference.  Apparently the automatic mode of channel selection pick the same channel for all the units?? 

Official Employee

• 

281 Messages

Performing a full power cycle, not just a reset of the modem can help with ensuring the best channels are being selected. If after the upgrades are completed and there is new or more issues, that power cycle will initiate new channel seeking and then bonding to the best available. If a setup has a modem and router separate, removing power to both, then restoring to the modem first and allowing it to fully come back online before restoring power to the router can help in performing the same function. If only the modem is cycled, then the router has not been forced or prompted to choose channels to bond to.

When you perform your analysis, please keep in mind that with MoCA filters, that helps to ensure the connections of each device on the network do not interfere with one another and multiple devices can utilize the same channel.

If you prefer to assign the channels being utilized, online we have processes outlined to review if choosing the channel is an option with your equipment. Some advanced settings on certain devices cannot be altered as they are settings that are being managed automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here