U

Monday, July 22nd, 2024 12:41 AM

Blinking Orange Light

I am installing the new Xfinity router I received today. I have properly connected all the cables and have reset it over ten times. I followed the instructions accurately in the app but I am only getting a blinking orange light. The apartment complex I live in utilized Xfinity as the main internet provider. How can I fix this issue?

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Is this a new service / a new move in ?

3 Messages

@EG​ Yes this is a new move in.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Ok what typically happens is that when a tenant moves out, Comcast comes out for a service disconnect of the other end of the coax cable line from the live feed from the street / tap on the pole or pedestal in between move-outs and move-ins. You'll likely need to book a tech visit to come out and reconnect the premises to the feed. It's also possible that a maintenance person from the building may be able to do it. And you'll also need to get the device activated for service once there is a connection to their system. Good luck !

3 Messages

Thank you so much! I will try to book a tech visit as soon as possible.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

You're quite welcome ! Please post back with how things turn out.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

user_of29op - Our team can help. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here