U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, August 19th, 2021 1:51 PM

Closed

Blast Internet Download speeds up to 400 Mbps only getting 90 mbps

Hello,

i currently have the Blast!® Internet Download speeds up to 400 Mbps package and i checked speedtest.net and I never get above 90 mbps, is there something wrong? 

Expert

• 

106.5K Messages

3 years ago

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

If it's a wired Ethernet connection, you could be limited to 100Mbit. That can be due to a cheap or poor cable (some cheap cables only have 4 wires, but Gigabit needs all 8 wires), or the computer only has a 100Mbit network.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm on the 200mb plan but having the same problem, have had 2 techs come out and tell me itss my modem even though i have a brand new arris supported modem, and last night bought a brand new netgear modem with the same results, both only get 93-94 megs max, even on the techs equipment he was only able to get 99mb even though he said plenty of signal is coming into the house, its rediculous, its something on Comcasts end that they refuse to fix or look into it, all the speedtests I've done have been hardwired straight from computer into the modem, same results every time

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_656287.  Ugh I'm going through the same thing!! Which is why I'm here looking through this forum for answers.  I have the Blast 200mbs plan as well and only have download speeds of 14 !!!! It's driving me crazy. Please let me know if you find a resolution.  

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_77c14c The Blast speed of 200 Mbps comes with 10 Mbps of download speed. You are currently getting more speed than you are subscribed. If you are looking for a faster download speed we will need to look into a faster speed tier for you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

actually i checked the speed of my desktop that apparently is directly connected to modem and yes im getting like 400 mbps down. but my laptop connected to a brand new expensive asus modem and i am getting only 90 mbps wired and 15 mbps on wireless.

before i start pulling cords and destroying my office is there anything that could possible be in the router settings that could be limiting speed?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings, @user_8befaf! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection speed, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

I would definitely check the network card on your laptop first. I can connect to my wireless network on my phone at full speed, same thing goes for my desktop PC, but my laptop maxes out at 100 Mbps over Ethernet and about 20 Mbps over WiFi. I wasn't able to improve the Ethernet connection without starting over from scratch, but I found an inexpensive ($15) 5.8 GHz USB Network Adapter online that got me pretty close to full speed over WiFi.

Do you have any other devices you can check your connection speed at home with, to see if this is only happening with your laptop? Or, more importantly, are you able to connect your laptop to any other networks, to see if the connection speed was faster on a different router?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.5K Messages

3 years ago

@user_8befaf 

Check to see if that laptop's NIC / network adapter has a 10/100/1000 (gigabit) ethernet port.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here