user_Kg27's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, November 14th, 2021 10:53 AM

Closed

Asus router: "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly"

Hi,

I upgraded an Asus router from RT-AC1750 to RT-AX58U and I'm not able to connect to the internet as it says "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly". I've tried using a static IP, but then it just says disconnected. I've also done a factory reset and that did not work either. I have also tried changing DHCP query frequency to Normal or Continuous mode instead of Aggressive. I have also tried disabling NAT and UPnP, but that doesn't work either. My modem is getting a stable connection when plugged locally. And lastly, I am able to ping to the default gateway.

I hear that Asus routers tend to have issues with Xfinity, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: A detail I forgot to mention is that I have performed a firmware update to the latest version, as well.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@EG None of those worked.

edit: let me elaborate. I need the ISP to send the provisioning signal and I'm trying to do that now outside of the thread. I don't have SH3 and I have not touched the resolution settings nor I can't even find it in the settings.

(edited)

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

Ok so number 4 was about the provisioning..

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here