captnemo's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, October 9th, 2022 7:07 PM

Closed

Arris T25

The Arris T25 modem shows up as being supported by Xfinity. Has anyone recently tried and successfully provisioned this modem with Xfinty? Does Xfinity push the most current firmware out? Have you been happy with the Puma7 chipset? Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

After more research I did not purchase the T25 (amazon sale $145). There are are number of posts having issues with the puma chip. Thought I was going to give it a try but Best Buy had the netgear cm2050v on sale today and had much more positive views. Was $350 today $300 plus trade in old network item got another 15% off and that brought it down to $255. Thought I would save some trouble shooting time/effort so I went with the netgear. Both are on the approved equipment list for xfinity.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the Arris T25 and it works fine with Xfinity.  But recently Xfinity sent me an email saying my modem is "out of date" or some such thing.  I think if I upgraded the firmware I should get better performance.  I'm getting up to about 500Mb downstream and up to about 22 Mb upstream.  But a friend nearby says he's getting 50 Mb upstream using Xfinity rented equipment.  So I'm wondering if I need to upgrade the firmware on my already DOCSIS 3.1 modem?

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

Hello @user_0ed288 The T25 can handle Gigabit speed internet. That shouldn't be an issue. You can always check with the T25 manufacturer to see if there are any firmware updates available for your equipment. Every time your modem reboots, it pulls the latest information. I would be very careful of the emails that you receive. They could be spam. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

@user_0ed288​ wrote;

I think if I upgraded the firmware I should get better performance.

So I'm wondering if I need to upgrade the firmware on my already DOCSIS 3.1 modem?

FWIW, Comcast would be responsible for pushing updated firmware to the modem. You couldn't get it from the manufacturer as was suggested by others.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

This seems correct and I can confirm that my T25 setup works well.  I have a T25 which Xfinity shows as incompatible with my 1.2 Gbps plan, but I get almost 1400 Mbps using my ASUS router's speedtest and sometimes >1200Gbps from speedtest.net on my computer using a 2.5Gbe USB adapter on my computer.  I think that Comcast pushed the firmware enabling link aggregation at least a couple of years ago.  I think the T25 is marked as not compatible with my plan since it requires 2 cables and a router supporting LAG to get >1Gbs and I can understand that Xfinity absolutely can't support a scenario that depends on the router.

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I thought the T25 was good for download speeds of 800 Mbps. Is your internet plan faster then 800 Mbps, Like 1 gig or more? Xfinity has to upgrade the firmware, you can't do it by yourself. They have to send it to your modem.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here