U

Friday, May 17th, 2024 10:48 PM

Arris G34 - Internet connectivity issues

All,

I bought in December 2023 a new Arris G34 for my Xfinity 800Mbps service ( I replaced my SBG6580 after 12 years of service).

A couple of issues:

1. After I placed in production the G34, I checked the Software Version.It was Firmware Version:01.05.020.04.01.NCS. But after a few weeks, I noticed that my G34 is running “Firmware Version:01.04.028.01.01.NCS” . Is it normal for xFinity to downgrade the G34?
   2. I’m running Firefox 126.0 but I’m still getting the message on the G34 UI console “Warning: Unsupported Browser” -  the version of Mozilla Firefox you are using is unsupported. Your Gateway's web interface has been tested to work with the minimum version: 63.0.3.
    3.For the past week, I have Internet connectivity issues ( 40% loss in Teams calls, my VPN client is keep disconnecting, the Verizon LTE Extender direct connected to the G34 LAN port can’t build the IPSEC tunnel , etc). In those moments, the G34 direct WEB UI access ( 192.168.0.1) can’t load  completely and I can’t login to the modem to check the stats. The solution is to reboot the modem. After that, for 48h, everything is working perfectly. Then, the issue is reappearing.

Do I have a bad Arris G34 and I need to RMA or this is a problem that xFinity can help fixing?

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

4 months ago

Hello, @user_x2heh4! Thank you for the detailed post. Let's take a dive into your situation.

1. Yes, a firmware can be rolled back due to unforeseen issues. This is not common, but it does happen.

2. We cannot offer support beyond making sure you have a stable connection. You will need to reach out to Arris for this.

3. I'd like to take a look at your signal to help rule that out as a possible cause.

Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address, so I can take a peek under the hood of your internet connection. See you there!

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

Hi Tony,

My feedback is this:

1. Understood. Hopefully. Xfinity will upgrade the firmware in area to 01.05.020.04.01.NCS in the near future.

2. Arris will not help. I contacted them and the feedback is that Xfinity is managing the modem. The WEB interface access issue seems fixed in 01.05.020.04.01.NCS but only XFinity can do the upgrade.

3. I sent a DM to xFinity support with the "Signal Details" . My Power Level (dBmV) is between 5 and 7 every single download channel while the SNR is 40dB. For the Upstream channels, I'm sending 47 dBmV. I'll need xFinity to check the receiving signal on the CMTS.

Last, I'm a Xfinity customer for 12 years and I never had the problem with my old SBG6580. It will be very disappointing to keep rebooting by new G34 every 48h in order to go around this problem :(

1 Message

3 months ago

"Unsupported Browser":  The 1.04 firmware has trouble with 3 digit browser version numbers, if you use an extension to drop the version number in the user agent to 99, the message goes away.

Such as (if the link is allowed, if not, sorry.)

https://webextension.org/listing/useragent-switcher.html

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @Mike-M70, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@XfinityKrista 

User @Mike-M70 is not asking for help. They are offering help to the original poster...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here