U

Friday, December 22nd, 2023 12:55 AM

Closed

Anyone swapped their xfinity provided modems for the CAX80 from netgear?

In an attempt to cut back on fees that seemed to be unnecessary. I checked the app to see what modems were compatible with xfinity. There were a few options to choose from, but the CAX80 seem to be the best option for me and it. Also had recommended in parentheses. My internet signal has never been stronger I love it. The problem is I can only watch my cable shows via the DVR Because I work a lot. Originally I had the xp5 wi-fi box an  coax cable x1 box. Instantly I was experiencing connection problems and was told that I needed to only have WI. Fi boxes and after 2 techs and many days of troubleshooting, it was told to me I. Needed the xp6. I still continue to have intermittent service and connection. But my wi fi cable boxes have all the bars. There have also been two different texts that came on two different days to address an issue from the line connect to the powrrlines. Still having problems with my cable about six times or more an the hour. Tomorrow I'm supposed to have another Tech. Come over who hopefully can do something else. Maybe update the cable wires coming from my box an coming into my unit.... I'm so frustrated at this point. It seems as though i'm going to have to let xfinity go. Does anyone know what to do

Official Employee

• 

851 Messages

10 months ago

@user_vylrzt Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Messages

I'd rather not respond privately due to the fact that if we are all on this forum we're all looking for answers. The latest news I heard was that I need a cat 6a cable and I still have intermittent services. I have a dvr an my recorded shows record but I can't play them straight through. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_vylrzt I understand that you are wanting to keep this public, so others can come back and use it as a point of reference but you're past the point of helping in public, and we would need access to your account for further investigation. To receive your private information you would need to send us a DM, so we can pull up your account and equipment to further troubleshoot. Once we have an answer we can come back and post it here for other to see. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

10 months ago

@user_vylrzt @XfinityBrianH 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here