phillyaj's profile

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 3:16 PM

Anybody in the Philly/South Jersey area getting 2G Download from the XB8???

Just wondering if anyone is successfully using it for 2G service?    Can't seem to get mine to work.   Tech showed me that my line-in can get 2G+ but I cannot get anything close to that OUT of the XB8.   Actually the 2.5G port is slower than the 1G ports..   Anyone??

Official Employee

• 

758 Messages

1 day ago

Hello, @phillyaj thank you for taking time to create a post. Please be mindful that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message.

Working from home myself, I understand wanting to ensure your home network is getting the full capabilities of your internet speed. From experience, I've been working with customers who have had issue with not receiving the full speed of their plan. The XB8 has xFi advanced security features, you can check to see if the security features are causing issues by turning that off and testing. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

Customers have also reported that when they have their own security/antivirus software that some back ground settings inside was causing some issues. I'm not sure if you have checked on those options yet. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here