Curmudgeon101's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Friday, May 10th, 2024 10:53 AM

Amazon Prime Video Stuttering

We stream this service through a Roku.  Ten days ago, the stream began stuttering after ~ five minutes, becoming unwatchable.  No recent changes have been made to the network.  The Amazon Forum had the standard recommendations: reboot everything.  We did that; no change.  Download speed is 250MBps.  Only one streaming device is active at a time.  Stuttering occurs on both locations with Roku's. 

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

10 days ago

The concern is not "Home Security Devices And Equipment" help related. Topic moved here to this help section for assistance. 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

9 days ago

Update: Per some advice on the Internet, deleted Prime Video Apps on both Rokus.  Rebooted both Rokus.  Reinstalled Prime Video Apps.

Problem remains.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, how are you doing today @Curmudgeon101? I hope your weekend has been a good one! Are you able to share the make and model number of the modem you have? We also want to reboot your modem and router if you have one. Something we should focus on is how far away your Rokus are from your equipment and which band you're using. Are you using a 2.4 GHz network or a 5.0 GHz network? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

9 days ago

I’m having the exact same issue. Started about the same time. Prime is no longer watchable. Can anyone help?

Official Employee

• 

502 Messages

user_wc59qv thank you for using the Xfinity Community Forums page, I would be happy to try and assist with this concern. Is the Roku the only device you are experiencing concerns with? Also, is it only when using the Amazon Prime application?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

8 days ago

Based on input from the Roku forum, and with another user who found a cure for this issue, this problem is caused by the the Prime signal overwhelming the capabilities of the Roku 3 hardware.  Problem is fixed by replacing Foku 3 with something more modern (LT is what I am getting).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here