dstnartin4's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 12th, 2024 5:45 PM

All WiFi devices listed OFFLINE and SSID is not being broadcast.

This has happened twice now; xFinity XB8 - After working for some time, all WiFi devices go OFFLINE and the SSID does not appear in the listing of available networks. Wired systems work fine. The SSID is set to Broadcast and both 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi is enabled. I am unable to change the settings through the web interface to the XB8. xFinity support worked on it a couple weeks ago (exact same behavior) and were able to get the system to allow WiFi connections and see the SSID. however, they were not forthcoming on exactly what the issue was. Now (2 weeks later) the same problem has occurred again.

I can configure a Bridge, but would like to know why the XB8 is having this problem. I see others are encountering it as well.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

Hello dstnartin4, thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum.  It sounds like you're dealing with a frustrating recurring issue with your XB8. Given that the problem has resurfaced after our support team resolved it previously, it's understandable that you'd want to get to the root cause rather than just applying a temporary fix. This kind of issue, where the SSID disappears and WiFi devices go offline while wired systems remain unaffected, can sometimes be related to firmware bugs or interference, but it could also indicate a more complex problem with the XB8's hardware or software configuration. Since others are experiencing similar issues, it's possible that this could be a broader issue that we need to take a look at. Have you refreshed your connection? This will force a Firmware Update and can be done by unplugging the gateway for a few minutes and then plugging it back in. If you feel like bridging the modem is the better route, that could also bypass some of these complications, but ideally, you shouldn't have to rely on that as a workaround. If you are still having issues after rebooting your gateway please send me a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account so we can take a closer look at things.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here