Mase123y's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 2:46 PM

Advanced Security - Can not turn off notifications

I'd like to have the Advanced Security feature turned on but I do not want to receive phone notifications every time this feature blocks a website. Is there a way to stop the notifications without turning off Advanced Security and without blocking all of the Xfinity app notifications? I only want to stop the notifications from the Advanced Security feature.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

2 months ago

Hello Mase123y, thanks for taking the time to reach out on our Forums. We appreciate your interest in our Advanced Security and this is a great question. My team is here to help! You do have the ability to turn on/off the preferred email/text notifications. Please follow this Xfinity xFi Notifications - Xfinity Support, for more information and let us know if we can be of any further support. Thank you! 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Hello, 

Sorry for the delay. I see that you can turn off 'Network Activity' messages from the xfinity app. This will block all things related to network activity, not just Advanced Security notifications. If this is all I can do without blocking all of xfinity app notifications then this will have to do. 

Thanks for your support.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Mase123y you're welcome. The previous article was to stop xFi Notifications related to your home network. If you wan to stop receiving general text or email alert/notificaitons you can do that following the steps outlined here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stopping-text-and-email-alerts?view=app. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here