U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 16th, 2023 3:33 AM

Closed

Add secondary IP address

I would like to add a secondary ip address to my account to utilize both ports of my modem. I've had comcast reps tell me it's possible but I am having a hard time finding out who at comcast can actually add it to my account. I searched and found this forum with other users requesting the same information. Can anybody help me add this to my account? It would be very appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

1 year ago

@user_e0131d Thank you for meeting us privately. I am glad that we were able to get the 2nd IP address added to your account and that you were able to get LAG up and running. As a heads-up, this service is not available in all areas. So if you move, you may not be able to keep it. We are always happy to check though. Have a great weekend and thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums! There is a ton of knowledge here and some amazing experts (like @EG). 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

@XfinityTony​ 

Thanks Tony ! It's why I lurk ! 😊

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

1 year ago

They are phasing this feature out so it may no longer be available but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_e0131d, and thank you for reaching out to us here for help with adding a second IP address to your account. We can do this in some areas where it's allowed, but not the full footprint. I would be happy to check the account to confirm if we can add it for you. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Nice to meet you! Looks like we do have a second IP option in your area for $4.95 a month extra. If you like, I can assist you in adding it to your account today. 

(Edited: corrected price, PII)

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ Hi, please proceed. Thank you

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here