Pallo's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Jan 6, 2021 11:00 AM

Add One Additional Public IPv4 Address

My rate card does NOT show the option. Is this possible to add one without going to business class?
I have gigabit service. I have numerous gaming devices (pc, pc, Xbox, Xbox, ps5). It is impossible to get open nat on all devices if multiple devices are playing the same game or trying to play together. UPnP is a horrible protocol that would only partially work in this scenario. I own several routing devices and a supported modem.

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

87.1K Messages

5 m ago

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

I don't need static public IPs. It would be nice if the entire USA ran only ipv6. Some 20+ years and google says its around 32%.... Gaming servers are even worse at converting.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

Thanks for the quick response.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

So it has been 48 hours. Should I still expect a response from a corporate employee?
EG

Expert

• 

87.1K Messages

5 m ago

Yes. Have patience please. We have been told by the Comcast powers that be that the team is shorthanded right now due to the season. I can always try to re-escalate this after a period. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

Bump
EG

Expert

• 

87.1K Messages

5 m ago

I have just re-escalated your topic. We have been told that they are currently having issues with the escalations coming into their team correctly. They currently are working to get this resolved, so they will most likely be delayed for multiple days.

Official Employee

• 

2.9K Messages

5 m ago

Greetings, @Pallo! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! We certainly apologize for the delay in response and appreciate your patience. We can certainly have a look into the account to see if we do offer a 2nd IP address in your area. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

Message sent. Thanks for the help!

New to the Community?

Start Here