boskbones's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, July 28th, 2024 4:01 PM

Activate 2nd port on SB8200 for WAN aggregation (LACP)

I see there are two ports on the SB8200, but don't see how to activate it and enable LACP on the modem.  My router is capable and I have my plan upgraded to 2g service so want to take advantage of that.  I saw a previous post with a link to "https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging", but that link just brings me back to the forum start page.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

Does https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Link-Aggregation-Setup help?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I tried that, I get a page cannot be displayed.  Used to be able to connect to 192.168.100.1.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

If you have the Next Gen upload speeds of 100 or 200 up with your subscription that modem is not compatible, even with LAG enabled. These are the only retail / third party modems that are;

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thanks for the info.  I don't have the next gen upload speeds.  Only 20 to 40 meg.  Just trying to LACP the interfaces to increase the download speed.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Needed to log into the modem by direct connection to a laptop.  Working now.  Thanks for the pointers.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

@boskbones wrote: "... Working now.  Thanks for the pointers."

Welcome! If you get a chance, could you post the speeds you are getting with the LACP configuration? Comcast doesn't support it (they rate the SB8200 for use with plan speeds "up to 957 Mbps") and I'm curious how this worked out for you.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@BruceW​ - https://testmy.net/db/FZpScKF2i will take you to the results.  I don't have anything showing before the LACP.  Future plans are to upgrade the modem and my router so I have a single 2.5G interface between the two.  Will see what the results are after that.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

... Future plans are to upgrade the modem and my router so I have a single 2.5G interface between the two ...

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for posting your results, and good luck!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here