Jimdish07's profile

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Friday, August 2nd, 2024 6:37 PM

A Single Login Page Keeps Timing Out

Suddenly we are timed out at the login page of our investment advisor. A major company where we can access the main page, (and everything else on the internet) but the login times out on all devices, and all browsers.

Outside the home and on other wifi there's no problem. Mobile data access is also fine. Even tried a VPN and that works. Attempts at solving this issue over the phone failed, but before moving to a higher level of escalation I was told Xfinity has to send someone out to check a "signal issue" that appears in their system. As far as I can tell I'm not having any signal issues and I'm waiting for the tech to arrive. I'm hoping he can focus on solving my problem without creating multiple others. I'm just trying to figure out who is blocking my IP address and why. The company itself says it is not them. It's just strange that this website is the only one having this issue. One that we have had zero problems with for years.

I will follow up after the appointment. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Sometimes sites accidentally get blacklisted for no reason. As a possible temporary workaround, you could try disabling their Advanced Security feature and see;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Thank you. I think it has been disabled but I will check.

The tech failed to show up on time and I had to cancel. I explicitly told them I was missing something for this appt and needed them to arrive on time. I did not want the appt to begin with because their reasoning was not relevant to my issue. Now a day wasted. 

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

Jimdish07 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@Jimdish07 @XfinityBrianH 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here