S

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 13th, 2021 8:09 PM

Closed

A new ARRIS device connected to my wifi

There was never an outcome to the post about this in the past.

after a restarting/troubleshooting I had an arris device connect to my network as this has never happened previously.

I paused the device but want to ensure my network is secure from interlopers. My network has passwords for both bands so this is weird.

I have Comcast tv but limited to ten channels and using a small cable box and no WiFi ( I assume).

a pic of the arris device information is below. The last six characters of the Mac address are different to that of my arris xfinity router, so I assume it is not mine.

thank you and please advise.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hey @Schuga, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. That is strange it randomly showed after restarting. I have seen it where previously connected devices show up even when not connected. If you are sure it isn't a device that has been connected in the past or one of your devices showing differently in the app, you can change the password of the WiFi as an extra precaution. That would boot anyone off of the network that is connected and shouldn't be.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityNicolas This just happened to me as well.

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

I am so sorry that you had this happen to you too! I know it can be frustrating when something pops up on your network that you weren't expecting. If you don't mind, can you send me a DM too so we can look into this for you? 

To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same just happened to me right now! I just activated a new xfinity router because my other one was stolen i only have 2 devices barely connected and just got this notification that this device was connected just like the pic above.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here