kuya1284's profile

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, February 13th, 2022 6:21 PM

Closed

6 minutes to load Xfinity Gateway Portal (10.0.0.1)?

Something changed recently. I used to be able to go to 10.0.0.1 to manage my gateway and the portal would load immediately. It's now taking 6 MINUTES to load! I timed the load times several times using my browser's dev tools, and each time the portal won't load until 6 minutes have passed. This seems like something that was intentionally implemented and is absolutely unacceptable. What was the purpose of making this ridiculous change, and please don't tell me it's to force users to use the Xfinity app because that's just asinine. I'm a paying customer and should be allowed to do whatever I need to with my network.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

Just following up on this... the issue has been resolved. In a nutshell, the delay to load the admin was being caused by a bug in the latest provisioning profile/firmware, which was what I was suspecting all along.

At first, XfinityThomasB was attempting to help me via DM. However, he wasn't providing the level of support that I needed. His resolution was for a tech to come out and for me to swap out my XB7 gateway, which I had already done about two months ago because I was told my (previous) XB6 gateway was causing my slow upload speeds. After swapping the XB6 for the XB7, my slow upload speeds persisted. Instead of getting my usual 40 Mbps uploads, I was only getting about 3 Mbps uploads. A tech was sent out, who confirmed that there were no issues with my network/setup, which he determined in less than 5 minutes. My signals were solid. However, he made a copout statement saying, "we don't guarantee upload speeds" but did say he would submit a ticket to Networking. A couple days later, after dealing with the issue for a few weeks, my upload speeds magically were back to normal.

Out of the (near) 20 years I've been with Comcast, that was the worst experience I've had. So when I get provided support that is inadequate or seems like I'm being given the run around, it's going to give me pause. It's really frustrating being offered solutions that clearly aren't solutions. Like I said, I work in IT for a living. More specifically, I'm a software developer, but deal with hardware on a daily basis. I used to work for an ISP. I used to work the Helpdesk as well. I know the industry. I used to work with DSL and Cable services. I know when I'm not being provided proper tech support.

I asked ThomasB to reflash my modem... and guess what? The admin is now loading properly. I don't know why I had to jump through so many hoops just to get this issue resolved. According to what he told me, he flashed the previous firmware. So like I suspected before, something changed recently and apparently the a bug in the latest firmware was causing the bug. Maybe whoever developed that firmware left some debugging/test code that was supposed to be removed before it got committed and pushed to production.

People who need to access their admin should DM Xfinity Support and request that their gateways get reflashed to the previous revision until the bug gets resolved.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

Just ran another test to confirm that the issue had absolutely nothing to do with my router, but more to do with Comcast re-provisioning customers again thinking people like me wouldn't notice. See screenshot for details on my analysis...

Comcast, please fix this! Stop pigeon holing customers to using your app.
EDIT - 2/15/2022: I just noticed that the screenshot got resized, making it difficult for anyone to read my comments. Well that's unfortunate...

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

We very much appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Good or bad, it's vital to us in order to help us improve not only our products and services but the customer experience as well. I have marked this communication for review.

We are happy to try some troubleshooting for the speed issue if you like?

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityTravis​ thanks for the reply. Yes, I would appreciate your help with fixing this because this issue started happening recently. 

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Just to clarify, the issue you are having is not with the speed, it is specifically when trying to sign into the gateway admin portal for the device, is that correct or are you also having speed issues? 

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityEdgardo​ That is correct. Although I was experiencing (upload) speed issues about a month or two ago, that has since been resolved. Now the issue is specifically with just trying to access the gateway at the IP 10.0.0.1 as shown in the screenshots I've provided. As indicated, it's taking exactly 6 to 6.1 minutes just to load the admin. It's very consistent, which is a clear indication that there's a configuration or something specifically programmed/provisioned to cause this. This issue isn't intermittent and doesn't happen at random (delay) times. It's consistently at 6 to 6.1 minutes.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Thank you very much for the information. Have you attempted to clear any cache and cookies as it does work similarly to a website, however, it is connecting to the gateway itself. I have a gateway in my home and it took about 3 minutes for the page to load, however, after trying different browsers and clearing cache and cookies, they all have very different times to load the page itself. 

Can you please attempt using a different browser, and/or clearing cache and cookies from the browser? 

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

Just ran the test again... same thing... 6 minutes...

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

I'd like to get a look at the signals levels and such on our end. In order to do that I'll need to be able to pull up your account. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support so we can better assist you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

And I'm running into the issue again. Is there a way for you guys to freeze me on the previous firmware until the issue gets resolved with the latest firmware? Actually, now the delay increased from 6 minutes to 7.2 to 7.6 minutes. Is there a newer version of the firmware again?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello! Thomas here, I work the late shift and going to push the ticket to our advanced tech team. From what I am seeing I expect that the resolution for this would be for us to facilitate the swap of the device, I just want to make sure that we can establish a strong confidence in the process so you are able to have an idea of the direction this would be heading. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

So what are the next steps if swapping the XB7 doesn't resolve the issue? I already did that in the past when I was having upload issues, and that did absolutely nothing. After that, it was suggested that a tech common, which also accomplished nothing. If swapping the device doesn't work, are you going to suggest that a tech come out again? Because I can almost guarantee that having a tech come out won't solve this problem. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have similar issue with the XB7. After a few days the gateway portal takes forever to load. Sometimes it doesn't load up and spins forever. Rebooting the gateway fixes it temporary. 

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: 7.2.4.4.310.MR_RC8
Software Image Name: TG4482PC2_4.12p10s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: TG4482A
Packet Cable: 2.0

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here. Spent hours trying to figure out what was broken on my router. Then I noticed when I run curl http://10.0.0.1:80 it takes an insanely long amount of time (I'm guessing it's the 6 minutes being referred to above) to respond.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Does your downstream, upstream, cm error codeword values appear blank? Took over 8 minutes to display network_setup.jst page. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here