csnbharathi's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

2nd IP for residential account

I am trying to get an additional IP address added to my residential account. I just purchased a SB8200 model which has the 2 ports so I can have 2 IPs and use the link aggregation.

My issue is that no one when I call in is familiar with how to make this happen and they keep trying to up sell me to Business plan or telling me to add an additional plan with a 2nd modem.

How can I go about getting a 2nd IP on my current residential account? I am working from home, we have a hardware vpn, that need to be isolated from the home network.

Please help

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the information.

I do not see that listed, wanted to see if i have any other options (Managed switch etc.,) to isolate my home network and my hardware vpn for work

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

First, check the "Rate Card" for your local area to see if that feature is even available anymore. Seems that it is being phased out;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

It's a PDF.

Scroll down to "Xfinity Internet" and look for "Additional IP Addresses".

If nothing is listed then it's likely to have been discontinued in your local market area.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Awesome that is a great help.

Hopefully we will get some answers. Thanks again

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @csnbharathi

We appreciate you for using the Xfinity Forum to determine whether or not you can receive an additional IP Address. @EG is correct. In most areas, the option to have more than one is being phased out, and can only be offered on the Business side, which can have up to 1, 5, or 13  (13 is the max) per account. I'd be happy to check your account to see if I can help, or if this is only available to Comcast Business customers in your area. 

Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name, and the numbers associated with your address? To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message.   

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

comcastche, how do I send you a private message? or can you send me one and I can reply?

I just renewed my contract with comcast, and have a question regarding these additional IP options (I currently think I have it), but want to make sure I don't lose it

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @paulk2016

We appreciate you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. Thank you for sending a private message regarding your additional IP Addresses. I'll be replying shortly as I will need a few pieces of information to verify your account. 

As mentioned before, the option to have or add additional IP addresses is being phased out and will only be available with a Comcast Business account. Although you have access to them now if your area is one where it is or has already been phased out, once you change your package - you may lose the option to have them added back. If they are required for work purposes, you would need to consider opening a Business account so you can have the static IP's. Chat with you soon! 🙂  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChe - I would also like some assistance with this as well, please. Am I able to set this up for myself in Washington, DC?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastChe I would also like to know if I can get a second ip address.

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

3 years ago

You don't need another ip to isolate the vpn, I did it with a old used router, the two networks don't communicate at all, works perfectly 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

@jlavaseur please explain to me how you did this?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi @ComcastChe I Also would like to know if I can have a sencond IP can you let me know .....

How do i send you the information need it ... I dont see the option to send private message

Thanks a lot

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here