U

Friday, August 2nd, 2024 2:51 PM

Hello! We reset our Gateway after it was off for several day (avoiding extra usage overage). Now our Yoto wont connect to it. We really need our Yoto for our kiddo and would like help resolving this. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

user_ma5l26 Hello! We would suggest removing the power source from the Yoto device for about a minute and then plug it back in. If you have a good connection to all other devices in the home, that normally means the internet connection we are sending you is working properly. We will do our best to help you with your Yoto device but we do not support third-party equipment.

2 Messages

Okay. In the event it won’t and it’s similar to other people’s issues-is there a way to separate the 2.4 and 5 connections to be able to connect it to wifi initially?  Even if it’s cumbersome I would rather have the option to separate to ensure usage of 3rd party products. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_ma5l26 If you are not using any xFi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 names and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi 

Associate the devices with the new / respective 2.4 or 5.0 SSID (broadcast name) and password (whichever their needs may be).

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

@XfinityThomasB 

Gee. That looks familiar.... Thanks for stealing my compositions. I'm flattered.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here