rmcgann's profile

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

Friday, February 19th, 2021 11:00 AM

Closed

10.0.0.1 Login and Password No Longer Works for Accessing Router

I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 to replace my Windows 8 PC.  I can access all my web sites and the new PC.  However, the XFINITY router cannot be accessed through the 10.0.0.1 IP address using the same 10.0.0.1 address with the same login ID and password that has always worked.

I have another tower PC also that always worked before, but it now gets the same result.  I have never before encountered this before on either PC.

What should I do now.  I would like to see all the devices on the network.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

3 years ago

I finally figured out why I could not log on to my router and kept getting locked out for days at a time.

My long used password for the router was changed without my knowledge.  I didn't discover this until Comcast started to have a TV voice command "what's my WiFi login."

Comcast changed my password without notification or my knowledge which I did not appreciate.  They did this without my knowledge which I don't appreciate.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

3 years ago

Addendum. 

When I try to access router I get the following message:

This server couldn't prove that it's 10.0.0.1; its security certificate is from myrouter.io. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Thanks.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Forums. Hope all is well and that you are now able to access the admin tool (10.0.0.1).

If you are still having issues, I would like to help. Could you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message, please click on my name "ComcastDaryl" and click "Send a message." Thank you for your time and posting. 

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

3 years ago

I guess the question is how do I go about correcting any mis-configuration that has occured?

Back story:

This PC is new and replaced a PC where this was working.  Best Buy who sold me this new computer transfered all the data from my old laptop to this new laptop.  However, they were not able (or allowed) to restore software to this new laptop. I strongly think that this caused many issues with some applications including access to the 10.0.0.1 router.

Any suggestions on how to re-establish a connection to the router would be appriciated!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 years ago

I can definitely understand how frustrating it would be to not be able to access the router settings. I would like to take a look at things here on our end to better assist you. Please click on my handle "ComcastBillie" and send us a private message with your full name and address to get started.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

3 years ago

@rmcgann wrote:

Addendum. 

When I try to access router I get the following message:

This server couldn't prove that it's 10.0.0.1; its security certificate is from myrouter.io. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Thanks.

That's because your browser is using https for a site that doesn't have a public security certiificate. That's OK. The router is inside your network, and has a private IP address. Simply click through the Advanced/ Proceed Anyway link at the bottom of your browser.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

3 years ago

I don't get the message in your reply.  I just get a message that says my logon ID and password are invalid.

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

3 years ago

You don't see a message undeneath that whole dialogue that says  "Proceed to 10.0.0.1 (Unsafe)" ?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have the same problem, will a factory reset on the modem work, or cause other problems

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here