Chorgey28's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, May 19th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

10 Mbps on a 300 Mbps plan

I have a Netgear CM1150V Modem with a Netgear RAX80 router. When connected directly to the modem, I get speeds over 300 Mbps but when I connect to the router, it gets ~10Mbps. All other devices get their proper speeds on the router. I checked out my Modem log and there are a few unlocked channels and what looks like a lot of noise.  Any suggestions?

I have logs but for some reason, cannot upload them here.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

4 years ago

But as stated, if you get the proper speed directly from the modem, it can't be a problem with the Comcast connection, the bottleneck appears to be the router, and / or "the other devices".

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

4 years ago

If you get the advertised speed connected directly to the modem then that seems to point to the router being the bottleneck. 

As for the logs, since you are a new poster, pics need to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

Besides the modem's error log entries, please also post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

4 years ago

Goodluck with it !

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I've also received "critical' messages in the log but didn't see them in the last batch until I just looked...

Tue May 19 08:20:24 2020 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=28:80:88:cf:ef:78;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:75:d2:55;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

4 years ago

The signal stats are o/k. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you.... I'll take this up with Netgear.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hopefully,  the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers are in the "Cable Connection" link. If not, please let me know where to find them. 

Cable Connection https://imgur.com/a/cAgUW9Z
Event Log https://imgur.com/a/sTlvf3Q

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here