U

Sunday, March 3rd, 2024 7:48 AM

10+ hour outage.

My power went out due to a storm and came back on at 12:30pm YESTERDAY. It’s now 1am and still no internet. When I checked the status yesterday it stated services would be turned back on by 3:30. Well 3:30 came around and still no internet. So I checked the status again, this time it said 9:30. It’s now 1am and still no internet. The outage site says “even if you have power we could still have an outage in said areas” BUT I think that’s untrue because my mother who is also with Xfinity lives 5 minutes down the road from me and has had her internet restored HOURS ago. Also when I look at the outage map it literally just shows my entire apartment complex area being out. Which is extremely weird. It hasn’t been storming for 8 plus hours and the weather has been clear. I work from home and will get in serious trouble with my job if I miss another day of work. How is it only my complex is still having an outage but someone who lives five minutes away has internet????

3 Messages

5 months ago

update- it’s 1pm the next day and the internet is still out. According to Xfinity it’s still due to the “power outage”. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_c5j1z3. I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing a service interruption. I'd be more than happy to review your account to see what's the status of this interruption in your area.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here