user_6b4lqm's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 4:13 AM

Your network is offline error 99999

Xfinity streaming app on my TCL Roku tv has repeatedly had a black box with a message saying that the network is offline however content both audio and video are streaming and I can change channels but I can’t see picture due to black box overlaying streaming picture.

Turning tv off and on does not solve problem.  Also loaded a different app then went back to Xfinity app and still had problem.

How do I solve this?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear you're still getting this error message even after troubleshooting on your own, @user_6b4lqm . Don't worry, you're definitely in the right place to getting this figured out. Have you by any chance attempting to uninstall the Stream app from your tv and then downloading it again? Are you having this same issue with any other device?

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I have not deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity app this month.  Deleting and reinstalling installing the app is a fairly frequent suggestion for every app issue.  I’ve concluded that the Xfinity app is not reliable or stable with many different and continuous issues.  

This “your offline error” is obviously not true because the channel is streaming the tv show behind the black box.  Also my, iPhone, iPad and tvs in other rooms are all online and working fine.

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

Thank you for letting us know! Another thing you can try is doing a power cycle on the TV itself. This is where you would unplug the TV's power cord from the wall or power strip for a minute and then plug it back as this kind of "resets" the TV versus using the remote to turn the TV off and back on.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here