Tcalg's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

Wednesday, July 5th, 2023 4:30 AM

Closed

Xfinity's TV Everywhere Authorization Website is NOT Working

I have tried to authorize a couple different smart tv and phone apps using TV Everywhere, and I have had trouble connecting to the authorization website (https://oauth.xfinity.com/).  Different web browsers give different error messages, but it's some variation of "The connection was reset" or "Secure Connection Failed".

I'm seeing this on a desktop computer with several different web browsers, and also on an Android phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Good morning, @Tcalg. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the authorization website. Have you by any chance attempted to clear your cache and cookies before trying on these different browsers? How about your phone, does it have the latest system updates?

Official Employee

• 

857 Messages

Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for the suggestion.  After clearing the cache and cookies on each of the browsers and apps, I was successfully able to authorize them.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

That is wonderful to hear that clearing the cache and cookies on the browsers and Apps worked. If you haven't used it before, we do have an awesome support knowledge base you can check at anytime: https://www.xfinity.com/support/?CMP=ILC_support_xfinityforum_re. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here