ocguinn's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 24th, 2022 11:26 AM

Closed

xfinity.com

When watching TV shows on xfinity.com there are waaay too many ads. It's very irritating. Can you please reduce the ads to one at a time?

Thank you.

Phyllis [Edited: "Personal Information"]

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

It's no different than watching regular TV. Why do you think streaming should be different? The only annoying thing about most streaming commercials is that they tend to be too repetitive, seeing the same ad over and over and over and over.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 years ago

@ocguinn @andyross 

The concern is not "home networking" help related................ Thread moved here to the proper help section for assistance.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

3 years ago

Good morning, @ocguinn, and thanks for reaching out through our online platform with your playback concerns when watching TV online! I can understand how you feel about those commercials- I feel that way about live TV all the time! I've gotten to the point of using the DVR to record my shows so that I can fast forward through the commercials.

While I would love to see the ads reduced to just one at a time (and even less frequent!), advertising dollars are still required to operate, so I don't see those commercials going anywhere. We do appreciate your feedback, and always want to hear your thoughts and concerns. For today, is there anything else we can help with? -Macey

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity has more commercials than TV (meaning the TV that was FREE when we just turned the TV on...). We now pay enormous amounts of money to Xfinity, and therefore we expect better service. I just counted 30+ commercials during a 43 minute show streaming on Xfinity, most of them repeated 4 times each. It's just awful and I'm looking for ways to shift away from Xfinity because of it.

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Greetings, @user_7188f0. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I understand how frustrating commercials can be, and I appreciate you sharing your feedback about this. Commercials are a part of Tv and there is only so much that we can do when it comes to the frequency and the number of commercials that are shown in between breaks of a certain program. With that said, I will make sure to pass your feedback along about this issue. Also, if you would like to submit this feedback on your end, you can do so by using this link https://comca.st/3BwWS8b;

In regard to the amount of money that you're paying for your services. Are you currently on a promotion or has your promotional pricing expired? Have you seen a recent change in the amount that you're paying?  

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

We are not on a promotion as we have been customers for many years for internet and cable through xfinity. It seems the promotions favor new customers rather than existing ones, from what I can gather. We have paid a lot for many years with xfinity...

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Thank you for for sharing this feedback with us, @user_7188f0. I would like to review the options that are associated with your account to see if we can make a change that can help lower your estimated monthly bill. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here