Vican75's profile

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Friday, August 2nd, 2024 4:54 PM

Xfinity will not honor Hulu/Max bundle

I have Hulu bundled with HBO-Max.  And have paid Hulu. Comcast(Xfinity) will not honor the Hulu  bundle and will not let me use Max on Xfinity.  They allow Hulu but will NOT allow me to use Max.  Hulu blames Comcast and Comcast blames Hulu.  Bottom line, Comcast will not honor the Hulu bundle price even though the bundled Max price is the same price were I to buy Max directly from Comcast.   Yet Comcast will NOT allow me to use Xfinity to access Max, unless I buy it directly from them. [Edit: inflammatory] I blame Hulu/Max and Comcast for this poor service.

In addition, I note that I buy Netflix directly from Netflix and Xfinity allows this connection.  Also, Xfinity allows the Hulu app. Even though I buy it directly from Hulu.  It appears Max is being discriminated against.

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

2 months ago

Hey there, Vican75! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums! I am sorry to hear about the troubles accessing the MAX app. Did you create a username/password through MAX side separately? What error do you receive when you attempt to access the App?

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

I use my email and a seperate pswd to access Max.  I can get into Max with my Mac and my Macbook Pro and it works fine.  And I can get into Hulu through Xfinity just fine.  So I can watch Hulu on my TV.   When I try get to Max - on Xfinity TV I first get a window that says I need to sign in.  There you see the QR code and a message that you can use your computer at: max.com/sign in.  So when I go to max.com/signin I see a 6 digit access code - which I enter on the computer.  After few seconds I see the Max screen - saying Who's Watching, I then select my name and presto I am in.  Then when I click to watch something I get a screen saying I have to signin to Xfinity first.  So I sign into Xfinity.  But Xfinity says I have no Max subscription - then they offer a chance to buy it.  BUT of course I already have a subscription I paid for in the Hulu bundle.  I called Xfinity and of course they had to escalate it and I get a ticket number.  Then the more savvy tech calls back and say he cant help because not honoring Hulu's bundle it is "an exective decsion" and he cant help.  

Thanks for  your interest, but this appears to be Xfinity just not honoring Hulu's bundle.  If I subscribe directly from Xfinity (did so on the past) they will then allow me to use the Max app on Xfinity.  BTW I down load the Android app on my TV and I can then get into Max.

The issue is Xfinity is blocking me.  I would prefer to use my Xfinity Max app and my Xfinity buttons just as I do for Netflix, Hulu etc.  It just galls me that Xfinity is causing me to switch apps and buttons - when they ought to let me use their app =just like I do for all other apps.  I dont see how they can simply cut out Max just because I dont buy it from them. Sorry this is so long...

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

I really appreciate you clarifying those details for us, Vican75! We can certainly take a look into the account and troubleshoot with you further as that should not be the experience you have with accessing the App. Can you please send us a DM to get started? 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

I looked on my TC at Xfinity settings.  No DM access anywhere I can see.  I logged into Xfinity online - no where is there a DM icon.  I looked under Support and searched for DM.   Sorry I have no idea how to DM you.  I dont use facebook, instagram, etc.  

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

I have an iPhone and use texting - no Direct Message app that I know of...

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Do you see three icons up on the right? If you hover over the far right it will show your profile name for our Forum, the next is the best and the one on the left of the bell is the message link. If you are not seeing these three then you should see a link to sign in. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here