U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 27th, 2022 12:55 AM

Closed

Xfinity Streaming volume on Roku

Like others who've posted, the volume on my Xfinity app either suddenly goes low or suddenly high.  In order to fix it I have to leave the app and go back in.  But it happens multiple times a day. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I  am having the same problem. Xfinity Stream on multiple Roku devices connected to Samsung TVs. All software is up to date. The problem occurs multiple times a day and started a month or so ago, The volume will go from normal to high, low or low and garbeled. If we close the channel and then reselect the same or another channel the sound will be normal for a varable amount of time then it goes bad again. It does it on Roku boxes both a WiFi or Hard wired network connecton. I have one TV connected to a Xfinity cable box (not using the Xfinity Stream App) that does not exhibit the audio problem. 

Network performance is very good with no observed drops or performance issues on both the WiFi and hard wired devices.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_ef5b3a and @user_e484ff. Thanks for letting us know that the volume is going up and down and the steps you have tried to troubleshoot the issue. We would like to further troubleshoot this issue and possibly open a ticket for this. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

178 Messages

2 years ago

Has there been any resolution for you?  

they are trying to tell me now its a roku issue and call them. Very rude supervisor at that and told me she did not know who she reports to. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/stream-app-volume-fluctuations-low-to-really-loud/636fbc0192a15b227c296728

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@dansgen1alero​ I'm getting a message to jump through some convoluted hoops to inform someone at Xfinity about the problem.  There have been quite a few postings with very similar complaints.  If they want detail I'd be happy to talk with them but I'm not going to waste time posting again because I don't think it will make a difference.  This is a long answer to your question:  No, I do not have any resolution.  If they wanted to reach me, they certainly know where I am and my phone number.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here