P

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 22nd, 2023 4:23 AM

Closed

Xfinity streaming service requires login everytime I use it (Apple TV)

I just got the Ultimate Channel Package with Xfinity along with Gig internet and pay over 300 a month for this service. I have called customer support many times but they always tell me someone will get back to me but no one ever does, so I'm trying one more time before I just cancel. 

I have two apple TV's in my home connected directly to my router internet. When I open Apple TV all my other apps work fine and don't require me to login on every use like (Hulu, Netflix, Sling, Disney+, ESPN..etc). However, when I click on Xfinity stream app, it requires me to do the QR code and login from cell phone everytime I anyone in the home wants to use it. When I'm at work my wife and kids can't access xfinity stream because I"m not there with my cell phone to do the QR code and activation pin number while having to login into my xfinity account via the web just to use it. I was told that as long as I'm using xfinity stream on via my internet service I wouldn't have to do that. Both Apple TV's are directly connected to my router via CAT cable. I feel like I'm wasting a bunch of money because the only person who can watch it is the person with the cell phone and account information present to activate it can use it. I can't get to my phone everytime it rings while I"m at work just so my wife and kids can watch TV from inside our house. Weird thing is if I use the xfinity stream app on my phone it doesn't require constant login, nor does it require it on my computer or ipads. Just the apple TV's, which is weird because we only watch TV on our TV's not computers, phones and ipads. 

Things I have tried:
Called tech support three times spending over two hours each time where they put me on all types of trouble shooting which include:

1. Turning off two step verification

2. Deleting the app from all my devices (cell phones, Apple TV's, Ipads, computer, laptop)

3. Logging out of my account on all other devices.

4. redownloading and relogging in to the apps.

5. Restting my wifi router

6. Changing out my wifi router (required me going to xfinity store to replace the router, even though I had no issues with the internet or access all my other apps on my apple TV)

7. Connecting the Apple TV's via wifi instead of directly plugged into router and vice versa. 
8. Made sure all drivers and software updates are installed on Apple TV. (Apple TV's are 4K 2021 Apple TV's)

When I was sold the service I wasn't told that only the person with the cell phone the account can log into the xfinity streaming service in the home for every tv and everytime you want to watch it. 

We don't logout of the app after use, so it should keep us signed in like all the other apps we use (Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Disney+..etc) 

Anyone got a solution for this? Its annoying and defeats the purpose of why we purchased the service. No one can watch TV but me because I'm the only one who can use the QR code and login to my account via the web browser and my wife doesn't want to have to deal with that and when my kids get home from school they can't simply turn on the TV and watch like a normal cable TV service is suppose to do. Its frustrating. I have been told several times that someone will contact me that is higher up in the tech support chain, but I never get that phone call back. 

When I do call its always the same call center and it doesn't matter if you are seeking sales or tech support its all the same people in the same building. If I'm on the phone with one "tech support" person and they literally read a script and have me unplug this, delete that, reset password, turn off and turn on two step verification..once they realize they can't fix it they say they are "transferring" you to a higher up person in tech support when in reality its just another person three cubicals down in the sales department who makes you do all the other things the last person made you do. Once they realize they can't fix it they start lying to you, for example I was told "This is a standard feature of xfinity stream that all xfinity stream apps require device activation and login everytime you use it". Then you are told that they will notate the account and someone will call you. Its a merry go round of hours and hours of nonsense of the same people doing the same thing over and over getting to no solution. Its rediculous that they do this to Xfinity customers. This is my last attempt to get this issued resolved and find a solution before I just give up and go with a different company.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I found a workaround with my remote.  If I used the back arrow, it logged me out of app every time. If I used Home button on remote to exit app, I didn’t have to log in every time. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here. We only use the streaming Apple TV+ and do not have AppleTV+ devices. At least once per week, we have to re-authenticate into the streaming app on each of the 3 TVs we watch. We're have until end of April to decide if we want to renew the AppleTV+ subscription and we're definitely leaning of canceling as we also watch TV only on our TVs. I feel like this is a specific Xfinity issue that they don't want to resolve or have no idea how to. Getting the AppleTV+ device won't work - it makes watching TV so fussy with separate remotes and having to switch TV inputs. I'd rather just give up.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_e12dbb I can understand the frustration this has caused you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is happening to me too. It's driving me mad. I haven't tried the back/home button trick yet, but if the back button does log you out, that is utterly mad. That isn't how Apple TV apps are supposed to work.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, and thank you for your feedback on how the Apple TV app functions with our Xfinity streaming app. I'd like to look into this further with you to see what's causing the frequency to login. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name. The message icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the message icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem! It actually just started happening last week. Prior to that, I was never logged out (at least nearly a year since I installed it). Now every single time I have to sign in again.

Hopefully someone will post up any solution they come across. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Looks like anytime anyone mentions this obvious issue that has been going on for a while now and I’ve seen people asking for support for across the forums  their response is to have you fill out a form that probably tons of people already have and send you back basic support options that anyone with common sense has already tried. Looks like we’ll have to wait until they care enough to fix this.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Have the same issue. Incredibly frustrating. Forced to sign in with the QR code virtually every time using app on AppleTV+. Feels like Xfinity doesn’t want to fix the issue. No other streaming apps do this so frequently. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_0bc2d7​ 

if only that were true! The TNT app frequently signs me out as well.  Drives me mad. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Seems fixed after years on appletv, tnt no longer signs out after the last two weeks.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm having the exact same problem! I use Apple TV and every time I go to use the Xfinity streaming app I need to log back in using the QR code. It's a real problem as nobody else in the house (I have a wife and four kids) can use the TV unless I'm home with my phone. Please help!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Cancelled my services (7 year member) this week partly due to this issue, but also the recent inflexibility over competitive pricing for existing customers.  Having to log in every time somebody wanted to watch TV meant my family gravitated towards other streaming apps and reduced their interest in xfinity tv

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here. I will note I have exactly the same problem with my Apple TVs.

The 2022 one in the bedroom is fine, and tends to stay logged in. The 2017 one in the living room needs to sign in almost every time.

It’s a pain.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This didn’t use to happen, fix this, please!!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here in NJ. Getting frustrate fast with Xfinity. Just started a week ago with this problem.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here in MI. It’s maddening. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Also having this issue.  Any resolution yet xfinity?

1 Message

New to the service in TN and it’s happening to our family as well. Very frustrating!  I may cancel the service due to this!  I am the only one that can get the family room to work!  If I’m out of town, my family has to call so I can get them in and I might not be available !  If it worked before then it’s obviously a system upgrade that is not working!  Get in touch with Apple and figure out what’s going wrong otherwise I will need to find a service that works with Apple!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here in South FL,  and it is driving us NUTS! So far it has not occurred (with the notorious frequency as my Apple TV) in my Roku enabled TV. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@HJRP63 

Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. I hate to hear this has been your experience and would love to investigate this for you! Please send us a message with your first and last name, as well as house numbers to your service address. To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it”

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ I am having this same issue w/Apple TV something is buggy w/app.

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

Thanks for letting us know. What steps have you attempted to troubleshoot the issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Yup. Apple TV within the last 30-60 days has been cumbersome to say the least. QR code almost day. Seems to almost rollover at the 24 he mark. Let’s get someone to check the backend on the login script and remove the timer

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there and welcome to Comcast @User-8927373. Thank you so much for reaching out to us about the issues you are having. Are you getting any error message or error codes? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

This is happening to me too. I have to login to xfinity stream apps daily on my Apple TV.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here