U

Saturday, November 25th, 2023 9:42 PM

Closed

Xfinity streaming- changing channels

We have Samsung and LG TVs but can't change channels using remotes on either. I believe the streaming software has problems. Can someone advise?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

10 months ago

We have Samsung and LG TVs but can't change channels using remotes on either. ...

Since they dropped the Mini-Guide from some Stream app devices, to change the Stream app channel on my Samsung TV I have to [Return] [up] to the first Stream screen ("Now Playing"), [select] "Live TV", and then scroll-scroll-scroll to the channel I want to watch. "Saved", "Browse", "Search", and "Settings" are also options on that screen.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

10 months ago

Greetings, @user_jos6v3! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out about changing channels on the Xfinity Stream app using your TVs. @BruceW provided some very helpful steps. If you try to change the channels that way are you able to, or it still does not work? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here