czsteve4's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, December 8th, 2023 4:45 PM

Closed

Xfinity Streaming App on Roku Error TVAPP-00287

I am receiving the error listed in the subject.  This occurs on every Roku device I have installed.  I have completely rebooted the Roku devices, uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity App and cannot get anything to work.  Every other app I have on Roku works without error.  The Roku devices I have are Roku Ultra and 4K Streaming Stick.  

All of the products worked correctly last night.  This morning nothing works.  

1 Message

11 months ago

I am having the same problem on all Roku Devices.  The Xfinity stream app doesn’t work.  All others work fine. This problem also started this morning.  

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thank you .  Now I know it isn't just my equipment.  

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@czsteve4 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. You mentioned that you uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity app. Have you also checked that your Roku devices are fully up-to-date and uninstalled and then reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app on those devices?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_uebeho and thank you for letting us know about the issue with the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku devices. I don't see any known issues that match this description, so I'd like to take a deeper look at what's going on.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :). 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

11 months ago

Same issue as of this morning, Chrome browser, iPhone app, and Roku all not working giving the TVAPP-00287 error after loading a channel or video and timing out it seems.  Called and they reset things on their side but nothing is working as of yet.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_jocbh9, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the error, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here