U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 16th, 2023 6:21 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream/Flex

I currently have a tv service and Internet service. If I remove the tv service and only have internet, I could use the Xfinity Stream app correct? What channels are included for free? Local news and sports?

what’s the difference between the Xfinity Streams App and Flex 4K box? I don’t understand the difference between each. I just need to watch local news and sports and want to lower my bill. This is for at home not mobile. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here today @user_ced423. That is a great question. In order to use the Xfinity stream app you need to have a TV subscription with us. The Flex box is a device that will allow you to load all of your apps in one place and control them with our voice remote. The only network provided with the Flex service is the Peacock network.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

So why put the Xfinity streaming app on the flex box if you still need a TV subscription?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@DannieRachel, the Xfinity Stream app is included in the Flex apps as it will allow you to purchase TV channel packs such as individual genre channel packages like Latino, Sports packages, and others. This would add the cost of that package to your bill without having to add an entire programming package. You can explore options while in the Xfinity Stream app. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here