goatytimes's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Aug 5, 2022 5:10 AM

Xfinity Stream website only streaming in DVD quality on "HD" video

I only get something that looks like 480p out of HD videos on Xfinity Stream website (except on the "Live TV" section which does seem to display about 720p), definitely not HD as advertised. It used to play in HD years ago but hasn't worked in the past 2 years at least. I have the high quality option selected and both my PC and internet connection are perfectly capable of streaming HD. Have tested on multiple PCs and multiple browsers and I am waiting for video to fully load (it looks extremely low quality before it does).

Official Employee

• 

61 Messages

9 d ago

@goatytimes Hi there, thank you for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Community Forum for help. I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your Xfinity Stream app, and it would be my pleasure to help. We have been dealing with some known issues regarding the app, but if you have had this issue for 2 years it may not be related. When you say you have tried multiple PCs is that all you've tried? Have you tried a cell phone or tablet, to see if the picture shows a bit clearer on something other than a PC? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 d ago

Yes the videos will play in HD on iPhone and through the cable box. The Xfinity Stream website is where I'm having the problem, not an app. There is no app available for PC from what I understand.

XfinityAnna

Official Employee

• 

649 Messages

Thank you for the additional details @goatytimes. I have two articles for you to look over https://comca.st/3QpI4wu and https://comca.st/3d10Ziz. The first link will help with settings and general overview. The second link is the device requirements for the Xfinity Stream web portal. 

I understand that this has been ongoing for you, your feedback is valuable, and I apologize you have not been able to enjoy some shows/movies in HD. Our team would be happy to take a look at your account and make sure it is not something that can be adjusted from our end or an error with your account in general. Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here