billthecuda's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, May 30th, 2024 12:31 PM

Xfinity Stream wants me to connect to my in-home network, when I am already connected

When I try to view the CW channel on FireTV or PC, or watch certain on-demand movies, Xfinity Stream says "connect to in-home WiFi to watch".  The FireTV Stick on my TV is connected to my home wireless network using my ASUS router. My PC uses a wired connection to my ASUS router. Numerous people in Xfinity forums and on Reddit are complaining about the same issue. I am not renting, and I do not intend to rent an Xfinity Xfi gateway.

Official Employee

• 

591 Messages

5 months ago

Hey there, @billthecuda. When you're receiving the message about the media players needing to be connected to the in-home network, are you at your home address or at someone else's house? Typically there are restrictions for certain broadcasts that are not allowed to be streamed outside the home that the Xfinity Internet and TV service is attached to. For example, If I were at my parent's house and logged into the Xfinity Stream app with my credentials, I would have limited access to the channel-lineup I have access to when I use the Xfinity Stream app at my house. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Did I stutter?

"The FireTV Stick on my TV is connected to my home wireless network using my ASUS router. My PC uses a wired connection to my ASUS router."

I went through the process of Activating My Service for the modem I have had connected for over a year.

Xfinity Stream is currently working correctly on all devices.

Official Employee

• 

591 Messages

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Glad to see Xfinity Stream is now functioning properly.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here