HBellz's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 24th, 2022 11:51 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Show Commercials On Web App and Roku But Not Fire Stick

Watching live Xfinity stream on my PC and Roku gets the commercials but on  Fire Stick I get "Commercial Break in Progress.  Programming will resume shortly."  This is only happening on FOX News channel that I have noticed. Rather see the commercials then a blank screen. Is there a setting for Fire Stick some where?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @HellzBellz thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to contact our team over the Xfinity Forums. Have you attempted to uninstall the app and then reinstall it to see if you get the same results? We are here to help you and make sure we improve your experience. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have three 4k fire sticks uninstalled on all three with the same results

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

So no other help?It's driving me crazy!!

Thank you!

Problem Solver

• 

322 Messages

@HBellz We can look into this issue further with you, would you please direct message your name and the complete service address? 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

Hey, @HBellz! Thanks again for allowing us the opportunity to work on this issue. It's odd that it started to work on its own again but nonetheless glad you are able to see those commercials!

For anyone else having this issue, please have a look at the preference on your firestick and the privacy section to see if any of these options are turned off as this could affect how the networks (not Xfinity) delivers ad content.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here